Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Mozzarella Sticks

Cheese, yum! This is one of my favorite food categories... I mean common, who doesn't love it? I found in a *Cooking Light* magazine a recipe for a healthier version of one of the greatest cheese food inventions.... Mozzarella sticks. These are delicious and I love making them especially because its very fun to make, Evie loves to help me in the kitchen and we made these yesterday afternoon for out Lunch.

Ingredients

3 light string cheese sticks
3 egg roll wrappers
1 cup of lukewarm water
EVOO cooking spray

Directions


Lay out 1 egg roll wrapper and place a string cheese stick in the middle
Place a little water around the edges, you can use a small paintbrush or your fingers for this step











Take the top and bottom edges and fold them up
With the bottom and top folded then roll the remaining edges
Lightly spray EVOO cooking spray on cookie sheet. 
Place mozzarella sticks on sheet and lightly spray them with the cooking spray

bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, turning half way through.



Serve with marinara and enjoy

serving size 1 mozzarella stick *they are pretty big*
calories- 103

6 comments:

  1. love these! and of course I love seeing Evie cook! love mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mom :) Ill try to blog more pictures of her!

      Delete
  2. Love mozarrella sticks...yummy!!

    So happy to stop by your blog, please stop by and say hello at my blog as well and if you are not already a follower, please take the time to become one as well at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

    Have a blessed day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by... and I just stopped by yours and followed :) very cute family and blog!

      Delete
  3. These actually look more appetizing then normal "fried" versions I've become accustomed to. I will have to try these as my hunnybear loves mozzarella sticks :) Thanks for sharing -- and thanks for the comment, my fellow Scentsy sister :) lol the happily ever after project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and let me know what you think of them. I like them better than the fried ones, these actually taste real :) lol. And I love the mystery host party your doing I might have to steal that idea!

      Delete