Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Black Bean and Corn Quesadilla

Ive a girlfriend who whenever we go out together it seems like we always end up at one of those extremely corny looking but absolutely delisiouc Mexican restaurants.... and even though I tell myself "Just order off the kids menu and DON'T eat the chips and salsa" I almost always do.  So tonight I decided to try to make my own healthier Mexican fiesta....and this is what I came out with.

Black Bean and Corn Quesadilla

Ingredients

whole wheat tortilla shells
1 cup black beans
1/2 cup corn
1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
juice from 1/2 of a lemon
1 teaspoon of cilantro
pinch of salt

Directions

Mix together all ingredients except tortilla shells
Lightly spray skillet with EVOO cooking spray
Once pan is at a medium high heat place 1 tortilla shell into it
Take 1/3 cup of black bean mix and spread on tortilla
Top with another tortilla shell and very lightlyspray with cooking spray
Cooking until browned on both sides

Enjoy with fresh Perfect Guacamole and all the toppings you prefer



323Calories Per Serving

1 comment: