Thursday, March 22, 2012

Juicy Lucy: Chicken style

Can you say perfect cookout weather? This past week I have been wanting nothing but to throw some hamburgers on the grill, mix up some Strawberry Lemonade and sit on the deck. So tonight we did :) one of my favorite hamburgers is a juicy lucy, they are perfection on a plate (seriously).  So I got to thinking "Why not make a Chicken version?" Tonight was my first attempt and it turned out delicious,  even the Hubby who won't touch my healthy burgers, scarfed one down.

Apple Chicken Juicy Lucy 

Ingredients



1lb. Ground chicken
1 Medium apple (peeled, seeded and shredded)
1/3 C. Bacon (cooked and chopped)
1T. Garlic and herb seasoning
1T. minced onions
4 T. Crumbled lowfat blue cheese

Directions

In Bowl mix chicken, bacon, seasonings, onions and apple


Divide mixture into 8 parts
Take one part of mix and mold into hamburger
Put 1 T. blue cheese into center of hamburger and place another of the 8 mixture parts on top
Seal the edges by finger pressing them together

Grill or pan fry till center is no longer pink



top with favorite toppings and whole wheat bun. Great paired with Oven Roasted EVOO Fries :)

Calories
Without bun 211

I usually use a whole wheat bun, around 100 calories

1 comment:

  1. This looks soooo good! I HAVE to try this! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete