Saturday, March 31, 2012

Spinach Balls

I absolutely love spinach,I can pretty much put it into anything.... Lasagna, soups, spaghetti even shakes.  Its extremely good for you and literally help BOOST your metabolise.  I'm always trying to find new ways to include this green into our diet and tonight I took a recipe I found on The Curvy Carrot and modified it a bit to make into a healthy alternative to meatballs. I hope you enjoy these we made them for supper tonight and loved them. Let me know what you think :)

Ingredients

1T. EVOO
1T minced onion
1 teaspoon garlic powder
10-ounces package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 8-ounce bag of herb seasoned stuffing mix
2large eggs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup low fat ricotta cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste



Instructions

Mix onion, garlic, spinach, stuffing, eggs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper into large bowl
Form into balls
Heat EVOO in skillet on medium heat
Drop the Spinach balls into EVOO and cook till browned
I usually cook for 3-4 minutes on each side
Serve with Pasta and Marinara


No comments:

Post a Comment